Re: [gremlintime] Any West Virginia people on the list? Antique tags que

Re: [gremlintime] Any West Virginia people on the list? Antique tags question...

Hey,
My steering was behaving the same way. Actually, I found someone here in Minneapolis who tightened it up for me. I don't know if you've tried that already, but I was surprised at how good the results were.
The guy who fixed it for me is an excellent and eccentric mechanic with a love for AMC's. He told me that he thinks that adjusting these old steering boxes is a 'dying art'. Still, if you look around you may be able to find someone who can do that for you. It was quite inexpensive ($10-20).
Now, my steering has no play.
Best,
Olly in Minneapolis.
'76 X
ecurbpope@xxxx wrote: Just to start a little conversation. my steering box seems a liitle wore out.
I have about three inches of play in the steering wheel before anything
happens. Are they easy to swap out?