Re: [gremlintime] Door hinges

Wade,

The bushings in the door hinges are incredibly thin and wear out pretty
quick. The doors are 1/3 of the car and pretty heavy. I have a "70" and had
to replace mine. I did it years ago but I hope I can help you out. The best
advice I can give is what I did to mine. I drilled the hinge holes out
slightly oversized and machined a piece of round stock brass/ bronze and made
new inserts which had a thicker than stock (plastic) wall thickness. My doors
are now rock solid. Find a machine job shop and I'm sure they have "hunks" of
1/2" or 1" brass lying around. If you can get bronze all the better. Machine
them on a lathe and make them look like a top hat with a hole drilled all the
way through.

Good luck!

BMP