amc pure at heart

 I picked amc,s because they are so very diffrent from anything else. I fix my cars my self, and I love all types of auto,s that go fast. I say if you want a porsch powered amc GO FOR IT now that would be very diffrent. Not me thing but I would love to see it. As for a 401 in an other wise stock gremlin,HA HA HA .1st I got one. 2nd it never came from amc that way so its not any better than a turbo deisel VW in a Pacer. 3rd You better know how to weld because if you do not weld in frame connectors, (And change it from "bone stock") you will be welding the body seams back together after the car twists and pops them. Oh ya better have an extra rear window or two ,cause there gona pop like fire crackers. Oh ya that "Bone stock" rear end it will blow a hole in the ground fist time you hammer it.Stock AMC leaf springs? come on Amc came from the factory leaning to one side. Point is if you want a turbo AMC or a bow tie Amc and you have the knoladge to build it right, DO IT. Any one can put a model together,Not every one can mold it outa some old plastic pop bottles and match sticks and win first place.I have 7 AMCs at this time. Some stock and very rare some not so stock and very fast. some not even gremlins hell I gotta Gruemin box van I pull my race car trailer with.