Re: Gremlin Club...good idea! But tough to do...

Re: Gremlin Club...good idea! But tough to do...

 Well, there isn't one specifically for Gremlins that I know of, Kevin.
Since there are so few AMCs around, period, it'd be hard to get enough
Gremlin owners in one AREA to show up, much less over hundreds of miles. I
had proposed a Gremlin meet last year, as we have about 10 members of this
list from North Carolina to New York and Tennessee within range of each
other. Of course, I proposed my area, as I already have FIVE at my house. <
BIG grin! >. We could stuff my driveway and street parking, and take
pictures.
Anyway, about the only thing I can think of that we really need for our
Gremlins we can't get elsewhere is stuff like body trim, accessories,
sheetmetal, etc that you'd need another car to scrounge the parts off of. Of
course, theres little enough T-shirts , stickers, etc available, there is
some, but nothing really NEW, some are just old stuff that's been reissued,
nothing fresh. Never seen a Gremlin CAR sticker, just a Gremlin GUY sticker.
So there are things I would buy if they were available ( and my money doesn't
dry up again anytime soon! ), but just haven't seen.
I'd love to plan a Gremlin meet, maybe just a weekend cruise in one area.
The big AMC meet in Kenosha this year, though, will overshadow any other
plans, as I work at a critical job right now, with tons of work coming in, so
taking lots of time off isn't possible anytime soon this year. I've already
told them I plan on taking time off in July for this show, to give them
advanced warning. But maybe a Spring get together in someplace like Carlisle,
or another auto swap meet, where you can kill two birds with one stone, would
be worthwhile.
As I had mentioned the Gremlin Cruise concept last year, is anyone
interested in meeting somewhere between N. Carolina and New York this year?
Of course, there's always the Cecil show ( All-AMC Day ) in Maryland at the
end of May ( Memorial Day weekend ) that would be VERY worthwhile for any
long-distance Gremlin drivers to attend, plus the AMC parts, the drag
racing....you get the picture. The biggest issue is two-fold : get people to
AGREE to the idea, then COMMIT to a date, and stick to it! I think alot of
people agreed last year, but we never followed thru. So, any suggestions?

Jerry in Virginia