Car horn works as a speaker...<whimsical ideas>

Car horn works as a speaker...<whimsical ideas>

 I was testing out some big speakers last night that looked like band-type
speakers, that I got for free, and after a short break, while chatting with
the fiancee and looking at some old car horns I had laying around waiting for
me to clean up and display in my little "car room" area, I got to
thinking...I wonder if it will work as a stereo speaker? Only one way to put
it to the test. These were dual antique car horns, had a snout about 14
inches long on each. I grabbed one, undid the stock wire between them, and
carried it to the large speakers and stereo in the next room. I wired it up,
and powered up the home stereo...and it works! It sounds like I got The
Chipmunks singing instead of "normal" people, and it's very low volume, as
the "cone" is sheetmetal instead of paper, but it was kinda funny! LOL. As
these are probably 6-volt type horns, I don't know if a more modern 12-volt
horn could draw enough current to sound like a speaker or not. Maybe I need
some more tests... LOL. I need the break, my job has been working me over, so
I was having some fun to relieve my weeks of tension. Anyway, guess I need to
get my weekend started, you folks have a great one.

Jerry in Virginia