Re:Transmissions - Audi-powered Gremlins...

Re:Transmissions - Audi-powered Gremlins...

 Joe, I think you may have a bit of trouble, as you'll need to find
another audi-powered AMC to get the tranny, it's different than the regular
AMC cars. But, I think the audi-powered tranny is still easy to get parts
for, so you can get it rebuilt. And, the engine crossmember is way different,
too, so putting a V-8 into that car later would be very difficult as the
suspension is very light-duty, basically a 4-cyl suspension, you'd have to
change literally everything to make it safe. My dream for that car would be
to find a REAL Porsche motor to bolt up and make a real screamer out of it!
LOL. Other AMC experts will have to help with the tranny, but I'm pretty sure
it is different than the one behind the inline 6 motor.