Cheap emergency Cell phone service for us cheap AMC drivers...

Cheap emergency Cell phone service for us cheap AMC drivers...

 Being a rather conservative gentleman who would rather not throw money
away unnecessarily, I have found while surfing the 'Net a possible perfect
solution to my quandry. While searching for cheap cellular emergency service
for when my Pacer or Gremlin breaks down ( God forbid! ), I found this
website :

http://www.emergencycellphones.com/cellphones.html

Here's the neat part : they can REPROGRAM many different types of analog
and digital cell phones to reach a cell operator in an emergency. And, the
FCC has mandated that ALL Cell service providers put thru ANY 911 calls, no
matter if the phone has a contract or not. So, you wondered what happened to
all of those "old" cell phones that people have when they switch services?
Well, this new service can reprogram them to dial several different cell
operators to connect you. You only pay them if they can reprogram a phone you
have to work in your area( they list alot of CP's on their website, I have in
my hand my fiancee's old Nokia 5120 which they list ), so you can keep a cell
phone in your AMC for $30 plus the battery and charger costs, or adapter for
the car, and only use it if your prized possession breaks down. I intend to
check out this service, if it seems to be on the up-and-up, I will get it. I
just refuse to purchase a plan for $200-300 a year when I only want it for
emergency use. And, they say even unused old cell phones may still work
locally with 911, even if they're not on any current service contract plan,
so you can dig out that old phone and get some use out of it again. Just need
an adapter to run it off your car's electrical system. I'm not affiliated
with these people in any way, I just wanted a cheap, reliable emergency
system for me when I'm on the road. And these folks agree, it should'nt cost
that much for emergency use! If anyone else has used this service, I'd like
to hear about it. Other features include using the phone with a phone card or
credit card, so you can use it even for non-emergencies but at a higher
pay-as-you-go rate. I can't see any down side to this, if anyone else can,
let me know! I just know that this may be the answer to my stingy desire to
not pay for services I don't use. Plus I'm broke, my house roof blew off
partially recently (Insurance deductible precludes it being paid by State
Farm, so I got to foot the bill ), so I have no extra money for unnecessary
services. And I have seven Gremlin children who need some new shoes ( tires
), food ( gas), medicine ( oil ), etc. So any monetary savings will be
helpful in the near future. Just thought I'd pass this along to people who
may be heading on a long trip towards Kenosha this summer...I may be one of
them! But I may have my Gremlin's AM/FM/CB radio working by then, so I'll be
able to call a trucker for help.... :)

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
gonna work on the roof this weekend...