Re: [gremlintime] Re: Kenosha 2002 show in Wisconsin...I may be going.

on 1/29/02 6:51 PM, Gremlingts@xxxx at Gremlingts@xxxx wrote:

> Well, the fiancee gave me her blessing to attend ( alone ), she doesn't
> think she can take time off from her new job then,and is afraid to leave her
> 17 year old son home alone for a week! <shudder!> So, that said, I guess I
> can start saving my pennies and try to get either the GT or the sunroof
> Gremlin in condition to make the trip. Either would be nice, but it sure
> would be great to take the GT across country to the 100th anniversary of the
> Rambler! That will be my goal, anyway. Lets see, only ... 5 months and some
> weeks before the show, I guess I should be able to do it! Time will tell.
> Hopefully I can save some money up to go as well.
> Another unexpected windfall ( monetary ) that may come my way is that a
> friend wants to start up a kit car Porsche Boxster business, and he has
> offered to rent my garage for $400 a month ( !!! ) if it works out, to store
> the body shells in. I have the two worst Gremlins inside, anyway, to keep The
> Law at bay, but since they haven't bothered me with my fences and gates up, I
> think I can pull them out safely and store them in the driveway again. For
> $400 a month, damn straight! I'd sure like to sell the '76 project/parts
> Gremlin, and the '76 Matador sedan, that would free up alot of space in my
> yard. We'll see what happens. Anyway, I'll keep you informed of my progress.
> Hope to see some of you there!
>
> Jerry
> WOodbridge, VA
>

> Community email addresses:
> Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Shortcut URL to this page:
> Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
> http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime

Jerry,

Good to here that you are making the effort. I have never seen a really GT
Gremlin so I would really like to see you make it. This show isn't about
the quality as much as the quantity!! If you are in for the fun of it don't
spend a lot of time worrying about the looks. I have a 69 AMX that isn't a
big trophy winner but it runs great and it is safe.

My gremlin is but a shell of its former self. I would like to have it
running but I need siding on the house.... need I say more?? Such is the
life of a gremlin owner, right?

Hope to see you.

--

Matt Woodstrup