Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 463

To Ken,

I drove a 70 Gremlin for several years. I had the 199 with few options.
Are you sure that you had a glove box door? This was an option, believe it
or not. My car didn't have a glove box door. Just a hole. This could be
why you are having a hard time finding a door to fit. You will have to
replace that section of the dash from a car that has a door. Make sure you
get everything. SAVE the original "glove box hole dash" (if that is what
you have) this would be a hard part to find for someone that is looking for
one.

The question about the drive shaft and rearend..... the drive shaft should
fit fine from a 2 seater AMX. Make sure that you have it balanced.
I could be wrong, but I don't see why the Javelin axle wouldn't work. The
leaf springs will probably be different. Make sure that you know what the
gear is for the axle you are putting in. I understand you can check it buy
counting the gears.... (ask for more help from those tech folks on the chat)

Do you have a AMC V8 wiring harness and crossmember? If not you will need
them.

Seats. I love the Javelin buckets from about 73-74. They are very lite and
look nice. The Pacer seats are also nice.

Matt