Re: [gremlintime] Brake drum weight

My wife's car (Grand National with a Ford 9" rear) uses adaptors--I believe hers are from Stockton Wheel.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Gary Berry" <duallycc@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Brake drum weight Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:45:09

Hey All;

While trying to install a set of uni-lug Crager mags that I have sitting
around for a GTO project onto my Gremlin, I noticed that the front ones
would not sit flush due to a weight that is rivited on the outside of the
front drums. Can I remove this weight without too many problems? I was also
looking for either spacers, or a Ford to Chevy wheel adaptor, but haven't
been able to find any as yet. Anyone know where I can get a set of these
adaptors if removing the weight is a bad idea?

GaryB
73 Gremlin in Ca.

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime