Brake drum weight

Hey All;

While trying to install a set of uni-lug Crager mags that I have sitting around for a GTO project onto my Gremlin, I noticed that the front ones would not sit flush due to a weight that is rivited on the outside of the front drums. Can I remove this weight without too many problems? I was also looking for either spacers, or a Ford to Chevy wheel adaptor, but haven't been able to find any as yet. Anyone know where I can get a set of these adaptors if removing the weight is a bad idea?

GaryB
73 Gremlin in Ca.