AM/FM/Cassette Radio w/CD input to fit Gremlins...

AM/FM/Cassette Radio w/CD input to fit Gremlins...

A friend of mine just installed a new Radio Shack radio in his '74 Hornet,
but will fit a Gremlin as well. Here's his message.... " It's just an AM/FM
cassette, but it does have a CD in-put jack where you can plug in a portable
CD player! That's pretty cool I thought! FYI, if you are ever looking for
this radio and it will fit into your Gremlin with NO cutting of the dash, go
to Radio Shack and buy the two post AM/FM cassette radio. It's made by Tandy
corp but it's called Optima. It fit's into the existing radio slot with NO
cutting of the dash at all and you can angle it's face plate and make it
fit. Also, normally it's a $100 stereo but they are discontinued now, so
they are only $49.99!! Once they run out of stock of them though, they won't
be getting anymore in. It's the ONLY radio I've found that will fit into our
cars. Just an FYI in case you are interested. "
So, if you're in the market for a radio that fits, is relatively cheap,
and can run a CD player off of it, this might be the thing! I'll see about
getting one after my next paycheck comes in. :)

Jerry