chevy V8

Not that my perspective will change anything, but I figured I'd add
my comment on the chevy engine thing. My little 258 runs good.
After I bought my Gremmy ('76) for $180, I did an oil change on it,
and 1,000 miles later, not one ounce of oil has been burned off or
leaked. The engine runs great, doesn't smoke, and get's pretty good
gas mileage. I couldn't imagine how fast all of you are driving with
your 350's and 360's! I would do anything for a 3-anything! I've
had a chevy pickup with a big block in it, and it ran like poop after
I worked and worked and worked on it. My gremmy is 25 years old, and
it is self-sufficient. My opinion of AMC is really high right now,
but you know what - if I saw somebody burnin rubber in a fixed up
Gremmy comin round the corner with the front end comin off the ground
doin justice to our most beloved automobile, it makes little
difference to me what kind of engine is in it. Most people don't
know enough about cars to ask who made the engine anyway. If the car
sounds good, looks good (or at least heading that direction), and
runs good, regardless of who made the engine, I say that it is doing
justice to the AMC Gremlin. Hail AMC!

Cullen Swanson '76 258 manual