Restoration has begun!

Thank you for your replies to my last Q. I am sorry to inform you
all that I am full of newbie questions. My '76 Gremmy has got to be
the coolest car that I have ever driven. My best friend has fallen
in love with it, and now he wants one! I took a week of vacation
last week, and found some new wheels for it, and they look better
than the ones that came with it. They are American Racing chrome
racing wheels with good tires on them. I got the wheels and the
tires for $80 at the salvage yard, brought them home and polished
them and they look brand new! Also, I finally found a driver's side
door handle this morning off of an old Rambler for $10 and now I
don't have to crawl in through the back window anymore haha! The
junkyard also had a nice 4 WD Spirit and a Pacer but he wouldn't let
me get parts because he wants to sell the cars as is. If anyone
knows where I can find a passenger door handle, please let me know.
I'm trying to J.B. weld the one that I have, but I am not sure if it
will hold. Okay, now the questions.

1. The fuel vapor canister - I took it out to clean it and put a new
filter in it, and realized that it's not even hooked up right. That
would explain the gas smell in the cockpit. The "Carb Bowl" line is
obviously going to the carb bowl, but the tank and purge line have no
hoses coming off of them, hence, they are not hooked up. I found a
small metal line that is not being used for anything that is located
just below the canister, and it appears to run parallel to the
exhaust and run down underneath the firewall. Is that where the
purge line goes? Also, I can't find any openings anywhere where the
tank line hose sould be hooked up to. Anyone know where that line
would go on a 258? Furthermore, do I HAVE to have the vapor canister?

2. I am also looking for a shock tower (left side). I have no shock
on the left side! The ride is pretty rough and I am scared to drive
it without one for fear of putting un-needed pressure on the front
end. Anyone at all know where I can get one, or do you have an extra
one?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I am so grateful for this
webring - you guys rock.

Cullen
'76 Gremmy 258