Re: Narcisstic car shows, modern cars...

Re: Narcisstic car shows, modern cars...

 Yes, unfortunately it's a more "modern" trend, it seems...rather than
restore an old car, you spend 10's of thousands of dollars on an already
over-priced rice-rag or an over-weight "sports car" like a Corvette, then
dump MORE into it to customize it to the point that it looks ridiculous....I
guess it's a narcisstic thing with them, to show off how much they can waste
on a pathetic piece of plastic&steel to outdo their competition. I wouldn't
waste time worrying about their attitudes, Karla, you were DEFINITELY running
in the wrong crowd there! I mean, what's the point in owning a "new" car
that you bought off a showroom, only to "show it off" to a crowd? I can go
down to the dealership and see them all day long! It's just seems to be a
"look at me-me-me" type of juvenile behavior, like a little 4-year old trying
to get attention by doing outrageous things to impress Mommy and Daddy. I'M
not impressed, I can tell ya. I guess with that crowd, though, it's the
"adult" equivilent of seeing how many piercings you can do to your flesh,
except using cars, for the shock value. There's no true value to it, really,
unless you are "in" with that type of crowd. Luckily at the Ocean City show,
only one pathetic Honda showed up, they let him in ( why?! why?! ), but
luckily the older Rods, Customs, and plain Muscle cars and street machines
out-numbered him, and no one was standing around HIS car admiring it. LOL.
Who cares? I like an outragious customized '49 Merc, or a shaved '37 Chevy
coupe, but a '99 Honda with flashing purple lights?! Ya, right! Pul-leeeeez!
Oh well, it IS America, different strokes for different folks, not everyone
values "old", so let them have their modern cars. I mean, even in the '50s,
the "old" cars were new, and kids loved them, and I can understand that, but
its not the same when you put a new car into a show to win trophies...I mean,
that is just plain ridiculous. Maybe if it's nothing BUT a customized car
thing, but just a plain 2001 Corvette, or PT Cruiser? I just don't get it. Oh
well, I'm an Oldie-lover so until I can afford my own PT or SSR truck, I'll
have to live with what I have,and love. Everyone have a good day, I've ranted
enough, time to go do some work!

Jerry