Re: of PT Cruisers, getting Gremlins in shows, moving Gremlin...

Re: of PT Cruisers, getting Gremlins in shows, moving Gremlin...

 Hey, great to hear you moved the Gremlin from it's spot, Tom! While not
exactly progress, at least it's an ATTEMPT at progress, and that's a step ,
er , a tire rotation, in the right direction. :) I haven't moved some of
mine all summer, either, but then again, I have 5 projects parked in MY
driveway, so it takes me longer. Plus my friend's 40' travel trailer is in
the way.
On PT Cruisers at shows...well, they ARE the retro look, and I guess we
should at least hail the attempt by auto manufacturers to "bring back" some
of the nostalgia in a more modern form. I said the same thing at the car show
I went to, I wasn't gonna waste film on them...then I got to looking at some
of the more wilder and customized PT's, and took 3 pics anyway, out of about
85....sigh. Hey, I DO like the looks of them! And I DO want one of those
Chevy SSR trucks coming out in a few years....has a '53 Chevy truck front
design. And unless the car show specifically prohibits cars of modern
vintage, and quite a few don't, then there's nothing really wrong about it,
as long as the old ones aren't out-numbered by the NEW ones! LOL. At this
show, even with more PT's than any other on the show field, the streets were
FULL of old classic iron, far and away more than the PT's could field,
anyway. So it wasn't really a problem.
I'm glad you got your Gremlin into the show, Terry. There's no reason NOT
to let it in, other than it might be needing a little TLC. All of mine do, I
had just parked at the show outside the show area, and a guy walked up to my
car and started snapping pics of IT, he said he had soft spot for Gremlins,
and hadn't seen one in years. Made me feel good that someone there liked
Gremlins other than me! Besides, there were about 4 or 5 Chevy Vegas there,
and they let THEM into the show....I mean, how classic is THAT?! Different
strokes for different folks, you know. Anyway, I enjoy what I drive, no
matter what anyone else has to say, so I don't pay much attention to those
who don't appreciate my automobiles. Nothing wrong with owning a popular
vehicle like a '57 Chevy or a '55 T-bird or a '63 Corvette, but it's the
standing out part I like sometimes. And, I didn't see ONE Pinto there,
either, that I recall. :) How much can you do with a Pinto?!
Well, looks like I need to get ready for "work", spending a few more hours
at my old job, helping repair some old stuff. AMC ya later, people.

Jerry
Woodbridge, VA
Proud to be an American ( Motors driver )