MD Boardwalk cruise...a few AMCs, lots of nice old American cars...

MD Boardwalk cruise...a few AMCs, lots of nice old American cars...

 I managed to see 2 early AMXs, a humpy Javelin, a blown Chevy-powered
Rogue, a '69 Javelin from PA, and a red and white Metro convertible, but
didn't see the other Gremlin I was hoping to meet there, or any Pacers. It
was mostly comprised of old American cars, only saw one tricked-out Honda,
and LOTS of PT Cruisers, had a whole section at the car show area of just
PTs. Oh well, the strip is HUGE, and there were lots of other vehicles to see
at Maryland's Ocean City resort area. I saw at least 6 Willys cars in various
attire, from the grey-primerd " Grey Ghost" to several georgous models with
wild paint jobs. I got lost on the way up, had to meet a guy in Annapolis,
but we made it by 2:30 pm, and we stayed until about 7 pm, first visiting the
show area and snapping lots of pictures, then cruising the strip down to
Hooters, where the "majority" of the cruisers were heading ( obviously a
male-dominated decision, LOL! ), no WAY were all the cruisers gonna fit into
a 50 car parking lot, but it was one of the most popular spots there.
Apparently twice a year, there 's a big cruise-in at Ocean City, Maryland,
this is the first time I"ve been there, and it was AWESOME! I hope to make it
back next year, when I can spend a whole weekend. My friend Ben and I drank
it all in ( plus some cold drinks ), cruised the strip in my '74 bronze
Gremlin, then motored on home afterwards savoring the afterglow of seeing so
many beautiful cars, trucks, rods, customs, originals, and other types.
Here's a list of some noteworthy non-AMC cars I spotted there, of unusual
types :

'66 Mustang " convertible " with rumble seat - ( I'd read somewhere that
this was offered as a factory option, but looking at the photo-book in the
car, someone made this one after cutting the roof off of a coupe, still a
nice job! ) Also had a mini-Mustang trailer towed behind it.

PT Cruiser with PT trailer - obviously, a new car, but it was neat looking
with the front end of a PT made into a trailer, and flame paint jobs on both.

PT Cruiser with Woody siding - This siding looked factory, and plastic, it
isn't just flat woodgrain sheets,but raised, pre-formed or moulded to
simulate a woody...I got pics of it, not bad looking at all!

'55 Pontiac 2-dr wagon - you hardly EVER see any Pontiac wagons of '50's
vintage, this wasn't the Safari (Nomad version), but it was a nice orange
metallic color, and very well done.

Pepto Pink Henry J - looked wild! Also a wild yellow one there as well.

Plus lots more I've forgotten already, but will remember when the pictures
are developed ( that's why I TAKE them, LOL! ). Anyway, hope to be there next
year, they have a Spring and Fall cruise, I hear the Spring meet is VERY
crowded. I think I'll wait for the fall, lots of cars still show up, but
plenty of Hotel and motel space, no reservations were needed, really! Tons of
rooms and space available. That's all for now, I need to go clean out the
garage today after the rain desists . AMC ya,

Jerry