Greetings from a newbie!

I brought my baby home last weekend after replacing the fuel pump and
a rubber hose at the seller's home. It was a 60 mile ride back to my
place...the car had been in storage but had been maintained by the
seller's father...started up etc. well, the old girl just sailed
home...a lifter making noise but that was all...the power in the V8
was something else...she wanted to fly! i slowly got her up to 60 mph
on the freeway...this morning when i went to start here. the float in
the carb was stuck..so i will have to do something with that..but i
drove it around town today...vroom vrooom vrooom! engine purring like
a kitten...roar, roar, roar...power steering and brakes are
supreme...question now is...restore to collector's edition...or put
in some higher performance stuff...intake manifold, carb, exhaust?
hmmmm...i am going to paint her the honda inca pearl gold, and try to
get a detail person to copy the hockey stick stripe in black...in any
event i will be pulling out all the stops to make this one a great
car again!
PS..only paid $435 USD for this car($650 Cdn)...she was so fun to
drive today...can't wait to get her fixed up and take her to AMC
meets in the pacific north west...and hang out with other Amc buffs!
the odometer reads 43,000 miles...only two owners...the second one
bought the car in '85 but only drove it a short distance to college
and back...the condition of the seats might lead me to believe it has
turned 100,000 but I don't know..it may well be that the 43,000 are
original.

Freddie
ps. posting a few pics in the album