Re: "Kammback" Spirit sedan....it's all in the concept...

Re: "Kammback" Spirit sedan....it's all in the concept...

<< Not to nit pick, but that's a picture of a Spirit sedan, not a
Kammback. >>

Actually, the design of both the Gremlin, Spirit Sedan, and Eagle
Kammback bodies ARE considered to be Kammback engineering designs. The Eagle
was just the only model using the actual name of the German engineer, though,
who created the concept. Just no one really remembers it, for the most part
anymore. I've even found literature on the Chevy Vega referring to it's "
Kammback " styling, so the Gremlin isn't the only car in that company....bet
you never heard of the Vega referred to that way, either! But I've collected
enough Sales ads to read all that old literature, and find out all the neat
tid-bits of sales miniutiae that was around before most of us were aware of
them. I even found a 1967 Javelin ad, the White Hunter ad, that refers to the
AMX show car legacy of the Javelin, that leads you to believe the new '68
Javelin is an AMX, this is another case of early advertising that leads
people to remember things that aren't true ( the Javelin isn't an AMX in this
case ). So, nit-picking aside, yes, that was a Spirit sedan, but most people
might think of the fastback Spirit, not the much rarer Gremlin-inspired line,
so I used the Kammback designation to grab the attention. And technically
speaking, it IS a Kammback. :) No offense taken or given...

Jerry