From: Brien Tourville <HH-7X@xxxx>
To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gremlintime] What Now? Continued
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:43:49 -0400

OK - Cool Heads Prevail - sounds like you have a full plate other
than the Gremlin
debacle . Get the Gremlin someplace safe . Swap out the rear - sounds
as if they found a bend in it - the rear diff is inexpensive . Now - you
have it on the road again - not pretty but on the road . Worst is
$150.00 . Maybe $25.00 - Maybe $50.00 . Get it serviceable .
It it can be driven - you might keep it registered - and give you son
the thrill of junkyard scavenging for a new quarter panel . Like I
said before - find the panel - attend car shows where you can find a
builder who will take your new panel and install it . Look for heavily
modified cars . Talk with the owner . These weekend builders are full
of talent and have equipment that is idle . A project for them is fun
and provides some extras for them for their ride . Don't panic about
this one . Just get the car running again and search for the parts .
Quarter panels are not hard to replace - see it all the time in the
Mopar Magazines .
Have whoever is supplying the panel to leave extra metal all way round -
at least 6-8 inches extra / and include all welded seams . Just get the
car running again with a replacement rear end . Stay in touch . Brien