From: Ken S
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 7:56 AM
To: gremlintime
Subject: [gremlintime] What Now? Continued

Hi,
For those who don't remember, my son's 75 Gremlin, decent body, having
trouble smogging (still not yet), was hit on both the left rear (primary
impact) and front fender by a car going around a corner. They say the Axle
is also bent.
The body shop figures over $4000 in damages.
We can get an axle and maybe the front fenders off a 76 Hornet, but, we
don't know if this is our best route. The Left rear fender is badly mushed
in and would have to use alot of bondo to ever make it look right.
Unlike many of you, we live in a Condo right now and do not have a place to
store or work on it except my wifes garage. She parks her Convertible in
there, so we can't do long projects.
Suggestions. Should we let them take it as salvage, should we try to keep it
and fix it. We don't have any final figures yet from the other guys
insurance company, they seem to be dragging their feet. We will be surprised
if they offer much over a thousand to total it, and no idea as to what they
would want back of that to keep it.
We may become an AMC-less family again for a while. Financially things are
looking up later this year. Maybe next spring we will start looking for one
again.
Allot to think about. And still no firm info to make any decisions on.
I would appreciate info from those who might have more knowledge on
repairing the kind of damage I have described.
Here's hoping,
Ken
Ps. Going to look at a 82 CB450 tonight. This for my son to use to get
around until something happens ($500).

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx