Re: 401's in Gremlin/gas mileage, toy Javs at Dollar tree stores...

Re: 401's in Gremlin/gas mileage, toy Javs at Dollar tree stores...

 I'd doubt, unless you have OD trans in your Gremlin, that you'll get
anything above 20, probably the 14-16 range most likely. Also depends on your
rear axle ratio, if you have a low-geared for mileage, or hi-geared for
acceleration. Although for that matter, the 6-cylinder Gremlins got about
20-22 advertised in the '70s , so that's not too much better, either. but
with a huge 21-gallon tank, that'd get you another 100 miles further down
the road! LOL
I've been hitting all the Dollar Tree stores in my area lately, picking
up as many of the Javelin Thunderjet toy cars for $1 that I can, they usually
sell for $3-4 at most stores. I hit the Jackpot yesterday, found one store
that had the coveted White Lightning cars, found 6 of them at the one store (
white tires and rims, all others have black/chrome ), alas no Javelin WL
cars. But all the chassis's are the same, so I could pull them out of the
boxes and switch the chassis's underneath to make them a WL. :) There are two
different wheel designs, even on the WL's, so not sure how authentic they'd
look. Might depend on which cars got which ones. I'll have to check closer
when I look at the other models. Anyway, that's my input for the morning,
good hunting all!

Jerry Casper
'78 Gremlin GT
'74 Gremlin