Re: Congrats, Mike! Also, 2 free Gremlins coming??? :)

Re: Congrats, Mike! Also, 2 free Gremlins coming??? :)

 Well, good news from the West! Glad to hear another AMC roars to life again. Always nice to know another one is going to come off of life support and make it on it's own again. :) Wow, a 360 powered Gremlin? Stop it, Mike, you're make ME envious! ( with my 7 Gremlins, all 6's...). Can't wait to see some pictures of this one.
As for MY weekend, I carpooled ( in a Honda ) down to Norfolk , VA this Sunday to visit some AMC club members, who between them have about 20+ AMC's and AMXs( real ones, and a 2nd,3rd and 4th gen one as well ), as well as Rebel convertibles, Javelins ( a MD ), a '59 wagon, etc. Made my collection look puny. And the PARTS...sheesh. These guys are SERIOUS AMC collectors. But, I'll keep my Gremlins, even if I do appreciate the Javelins and AMXs as well. :)
Anyway, got to talking with one of the Maryland club guys who drove down ( and got a $100 speeding ticket, LOL! ) , who had told me about two Gremlins in a Maryland junkyard. He said the guy would let them go for little or FREE, just wanted them out of his salvage yard. Complete cars, too. Hmm...I SAID I wasn't gonna BUY anymore cars, never said anything about not taking FREE ones. LOL! Well, I'll have to go look at them anyway, so now I'll have to accelerate the progress on the Matador to get that junker out of my "shed", so I can have room for two more Gremlins. :) I may tell my friend John about these, he might go for a free or extremely cheap one as well. Like I need 9 Gremlins...huh! LOL! Well, why not? The more the merrier. :) Anyway, it was great to see some other club member's car collections ( theirs weren't in any better shape than mine, so I don't feel too badly about the condition of my cars. ) It seems there's alot of AMC "collectors" in our club, more so than !
"restorers", which is fine, as w
e are saving them for future preservation, rather than letting them go now and losing them forever. If we only had the money to restore them and store them properly...ah well. I'll keep playing the Virginia lottery just in case. Have a wonderful week, all, and don't get too many speeding tickets, Mike! ROFL!

Jerry

P.S. My marriage ceremony is being postponed, due to my Aunt's recent and prolonged illness, as we wanted to hold it outside on her farm. Looks like May of next year will be the new time frame. Oh well, gives me longer to plan for it. :)