Re: [gremlintime] engine and tranny swap

Re: [gremlintime] engine and tranny swap

Hey BMP - 258 motors rule . They made them thru 1990 . Find one thru
an auto salvage yard . Shop around. Get a low milage unit with
everything on it. Yards frequently remove alternators and distributors -
get extra money - . The last of the 258 had serpintine belt systems -
nice. You can drop this engine in one afternoon and be on the street
next day.
Go for the Centerforce clutch system w/a lite flywheel. No HD clutch -
just a daily driver unit. I am talking with Crane Cams for Roller Rocker
Arms for our engines. They are sending out a prototype next week to
check out. These will be able to be installed without any machine work.
Also talking with them for a roller camshaft kit for the I-6 . That may
take a little time tho. Go for it ! - brien