Re: [gremlintime] engine and tranny swap

Re: [gremlintime] engine and tranny swap

In a message dated 8/7/01 2:11:51 PM SA Pacific Standard Time, HH-7X@xxxx
writes:

> Hi jon - you should jump on that 401 ! . It would be easier if you run
> an automatic - you'll be limited to a 3 speed Torqueflite. You can have
> an adapter made to mate a 4-speed auto to the 401 - your choice

your NOT just limited to the T flite,Jeeps used 401s mated to the GM Turbo
400 so if this guy Jons 401 he has is mated to the T 400 alls he has to do is
change the tail and to a passenger car version and he set. i may dislike
chevies but i know for a fact the T 400 is a damn good tranny and a co.
called Advanece Adapters makes a kit to use a 700R4 trans on a AMC V8.
Bart Mangrum
73 Gremlin 360 AMC mated to a AMC type 727
Ft.Pierce Fl.