horsepower limits on inline 232?

Hey all, i was reading were the 232 in my Gremlin has 135 stock
horses. I was told that i could get 200 out of it or so with a bunch
of mods. I am thinking 65 horses with headwork, cam, 4 barrell n
intake, dual exhaust, electronic ignition, uping the compression from
8
to1 to 10 to 1 and more! Some say i can get up to 300 plus. I cant
believe I can only gain 65 horses after all that. Id say you would
get at least 125 to 150 horses or so. Whats everyone think?