Re: 73 Gremlin 1/4 Mile Times

--- In gremlintime@xxxx, baad73grem@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 5/2/01 12:04:29 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
> dmodlin@xxxx writes:
>

> > I just thought I'd keep the list updated, I've been taking the
Gremlin to
> > LA County Raceway in Palmdale (4000 Elevation) and have managed
to get a
> > best time of 16.80 @ 79.9. This is a 258 with a 4.0 head, 2bbl
Weber,
> > header and exhaust, 904 AT, and a recurved HEI.
> >

> Congradulations Danny,you went as fast as a Gremlin 304 2v with
highway gears
> and a one legger.how much did you sink in your 6 banger?not knocking
your set
> up but 16s is pretty dismal
> Bart Mangrum
> 73 Gremlin 360/727

Well, it's not as if i ever expected you to say anything nice about
the six bart, I think you'd sooner drop a 350 in your Gremlin<g>.
Keep in mind that some of us can't afford to keep two cars insured.
The cost? Well, the only substantial extra cost over a standard
engine rebuild was in the Weber ($360) and the header and exhaust (a
total of another $300 or so. Now, if I do something about that
gearing, and get a standard transmission, I probably can make it in
the 15's....now, don't get too exited there Bart..lol