Re: Digest Number 247

--- In gremlintime@xxxx, sbacho@xxxx wrote:
> Hey Carl, WOW is right!!! I remember when I put the ' 401 ' in my
> Gremlin back in the 'seventies' and was amazed at the difference
in the
> horsepower and torque that it made. I had to put a heavy chain from
the
> right head to the frame to keep it from rising and risking a broken
> motormount or worse.
> Carl, what type of 5-speed do you have?, and what kind of
driveshaft
> did you use?

Steve from N.J.
I will give all the specs 401+30 aries 9.6 lightweight pistons, engle
cam 276/288 cc pro magmum rockers, manley sd valves +.100, eld torker
and 800 carb, DUI ignition, 3" mandlel bent exhaust w flowmasters,
chevy motor mounts and scattershield- (home made adapter),TREMEC 3550
MODIFIED TO GM, stock drive shaft-uncut,currie 9" rear narrowed
2.5",adn ARB airlocker w/3.50 gears, 15X10 rear wheels w/295/50/15
tires and yes this is a street car complete with a/c

carl