Re: [gremlintime]

Hey Mark--I thought I was alone on this planet. Mine is red with white hockey stick stripes. roof luggage rack. Air deflector on back. Automatic and power steerting. It is somewhat low mileage--67,000 but it sat outside a lot before I got it last April. So there is some rust behind the left rear wheel and a small amout starting behind the right rear wheel. I have itin storage in Watertown over the winter at a place that has done some workon it as well. I think I need a valve job and a carb rebuild ( I know nothing about mechanics except how to write a check) to get it in perfect mechanical order. Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean a 401 conversion? Are you replacing the engine? What are you doing with the 232 in it?
Mark, thanks for the e-mail. I hope absence makes the heart grow fonder sowhen I get my Gremmie back in a couple of months I can get on with the chores with it.
Steve
71 Gremlin 232 auto.

>>> "Mark Kreutter" <kruton@xxxx> 02/21/01 08:59PM >>>
Hey Steve Smith.

There are more Gremlin owners in your area. I am in Owatonna. I also own a 71 with a 232 auto. Don't have quite as many miles on it as you do but I will try . Mine only has 26,000 original miles on it. I think it was driven by an old Gremlin Grammie. (No offence Gremlin Grammie) I am in the process of getting the parts ready for a 401 conversion (with some help from Bart).It is nice to be able to chat with others that know what a real car is.

Mark
71 232
72 258 X (parts)

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime