Re: Re; Lack of 360's ???

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Vik Butvila" <vbutvila@xxxx> wrote:
> I don't know about the rest of the country, but in the great
rusting
> state of Michigan we are "corn chute" deep in old wagoneers with
360's.
> I have a friend at a scrap metal recyclers that calls me to tell
me about
> AMC's he gets. Right now he has a Cherokee with a mild built 360,
with
> Torker intake backed by a 4speed trans with t-case that can be had
for $500
> out of the car - hell -you can have the whole car with axles for
the same
> price!!! The engine might have 10k miles on it.
> I have a 84 Wa"goner" that is my mud toy that i got for free
from my
> buddy with a wrecker service - it was an impound.
> As far as 304's go - I have 3 - want one?
> AMC motors and cars are not that hard to find - Eddie stakes
gives the
> best advice - use the internet and put "wanted" ads in your local
providers'
> classifieds for AMC cars-etc. It's free and you will be surprised
at the
> response.
> Check Eddie's "shut up and drive" lists - 100 cars for sale each
time he
> puts it out - last year he put out 2 in one month!!!
> Just open your eyes and look around - remember 401's were in
> internationals too!! mine was - $150 for a complete engine with
about 65k on
> the clock! and when i got to the bone yard someone already got the
trans and
> LEFT the engine!!!
> But CHEVY engines in AMC'S??????
>
> P I G S H E A R TS B E L O N G I N P I G S

!!!!!!!!!
Hey Vic, That deal sounds better than the 401 deal!!! Maybe I will
get with you and you can call your friend and have him hold that for
a week or two. Come on Vic, I will be red, white and blue. Keep that
Gremlin all AMC. Give him a call, come on, come on vic. Seriously
though, let me know if you think he would. Thanks, GREMLINMAN