Dumbass gary was foreign V8 in the Gremlin?

Dumbass gary was foreign V8 in the Gremlin?

In a message dated 1/11/01 10:31:35 PM EST, themixtoo@xxxx writes:

<< I know it sounds like a great, inexpensive swap but the abuse you will get
is
not worth the effort. How would I know this? My '74 Levi's Gremlin came
with a wus 5 liter from the factory and I decided to yank that anchor out
and
drop in a 400 small block chevy motor with a muncie four speed. It runs
great, blows the doors off most Stangs and Camaros, turns high 12's in the
quarter mile and you can even change the spark plugs with a wrench but the
AMC enthusiasts in this area of the country really don't appreciate what
I've
done. Even though I'm one of the founding members of our local AMC club, the
rest of the group usually asks me to leave the hood closed when we have our
car shows. I guess most of them have forgotten that 75% of their beloved
AMC's have Ford, GM and Chrysler parts already in them. So if your thick
skinned and want to do this swap, GO FOR IT! But if you can't take the
heat,
plan on spending some biiigg bucks on those RARE AMC parts. Good Luck
regardless of what you decide to do, Gary, The Mix, from
Cleveland, Ohio >

Gary,you are by far FULL OF SHIT as a christmas turkey!!!!you actually RUINED
your original V8 gremlin and swapped in a turd 400 chiivy smawl block??IDIOT
IDIOT IDIOT!!! you Do know that all AMC thinwall cast V8s are IDENTICAL
externally don't you??you coulda have dropped in a 401 with ZERO probs here i
am havin to go and find a V8 Xmember to drop a tried and true late 11 sec 360
AMC v8 in my ex 232 powered turd 73 gremlin.and parts may be rare but it
depends on how bad you want it and where ya look,so far i have had no real
probs gettin my shit for my gremlin so eeeasy there holme slice,watch what ya
say.my freind has a 74 Grem with a Herman Lewis built 401 that runs
eeeeeeeezeeeeeee mid 10's and hes slippin and slidin off the line so just
imagine if he hooked up off the line,and yeeeeah buddy we Fuck shit up on
them chivvys all the time!!!sorry pual gable for gettin nasty but this kinda
shit PISSES me off to NO end!!!so gary what you have is a part car THATS
ALL!!! godaamn man you ruined a V8 gremlin jeeezus"banging head on keyboard"
Bart Mangrum
73 Gremlin 360 AMC chevy stompin V8
88 broken down rotten godamn piece of shit Chevy s 10
Ft.Pierce Fl