Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 155

Terry,
When we had our Gremlin painted recently we would have had to pay around
$1,500 for the quality of paint job we had done. Fortunately, through
connections we ended up only paying $400. (Norbert's brother does this
professionally) We also paid $485 for the entire interior to be recovered.
This included 2 bucket seats, rear seat, headliner & 2 door panels. We
couldn't find anything close to original to use for recovering so we went
with a crushed velvet. (Can you get anymore 70's than that?).
We also had to get new carpeting for the Gremlin. It was less than $200
through a place called American Parts Depot. www.americanpartsdepot.com He
has alot of parts for AMC cars & we found him very knowledgable & helpful.
We also got all of the rubber seals that we needed for the doors & windows
through him.

Karla Dick