Re: Did not all 70-71 Gremlins have the fender guy emblem???

Re: Did not all 70-71 Gremlins have the fender guy emblem???

 I was down at Leon's salvage yard today, and ran across an anomaly I
didn't understand. Every picture I've seen of 70-71 Gremlins have the little
Gremlin guy on the fenders. I found a '71 Gremlin, with the front end
crunched some, but still visible, that had no holes whatsoever in either
side, the whole car was painted brown/bronze color. There was another '71
near it, in blue, and it had the holes in the fenders, and the outlines of
the emblems where they'd been. I thought all early Gremlins came with the
emblems, is it possible that they could have been deleted on base model cars?
I took some pictures of some of the Gremlins there, there was a '73 Levi's
Gremlin that was in a bad way, quite a few X models, but no V-8's. I did find
a Hornet 4-dr sedan with a 304 v-8, with the crossmember and motor mounts.
There was another Hornet wagon in another area with a v-8 as well, but those
VA Beach area guys got that one today, I'm going to try to get the one from
the 4-dr soon. Man, am I tired, I wore out by 3 pm, hauling alot of heavy
iron around. Bought some old Suburban parts, and had to tote them up a steep
hill, even on a handtruck it wore my old fat body out! GOTTA lose some weight
this year! or next... :) AMC ya later,

Jerry