Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 134

Even though I do envy your HP V8. It sure would beat my 232. (better than
the four banger in 78) I think the looks comes from the fact it is a Gremlin.
I take mine to car shows a lot. You would be surprised at the number of
people who don't have any idea at all as what it is. It has been call
anything from a Studebaker to a T-bird. One night I got surrounded by the
local Corvette Club (Gremmie was proud) and some not to bright 14 year old
came up and ask me if this was one of the first Vetts that came out. He said
it must be since it had only one seat. I had the back one folded down. I
have discovered one thing though. It seems everyone over 40 either had one
or their best friend had one. I know it is going on 23 years since the last
one was made but I still wonder what happen to all of them. When I got my
first one in 80 they were all over the road and now besides mine I haven't
seen one on the road in six months. I would love to know how many are still
left.