Gremlin # 6 to join inventory soon...

 Well, I went and added another one to my already bloated list of cars I
own. The Prez of my Rambler car club called me up yesterday at work, he
wanted to know if I wanted that garage-stored '74 Gremlin he had bought from
a Dentist who had it up on blocks for 10 years. I took off early from work to
drive 40 miles and go see it. It's a medium brown metallic color, no options
other than had air, no compressor now. 232 / auto, 126k miles showing. Ran
good, had one brake sticking when the car tried to move forward, so we towed
it on a dolly backwards. That worked ok, but the car tended to bounce side to
side if the speed got up, so we kept it under 45 mph. I towed it to his house
from the shop it was at, until I can tow the dodge van out of my driveway
this weekend,and make space in the garage for it. it's showing a little rust
at the left rear wheel lip, but otherwise it's in good shape, paint is good,
no rust other than minor nicks. Bumper chrome is good as well. I looked
underneath, no major rust, just some minor surface rust here and there. For
$500, I think I did ok! It'll need brake work, and probably some front end
balljoints etc, but at least the body is good, and I dealwith the mechanical
aspects of restoring it easier than trying to save rusty project cars from
certain death! I"m tired of working on those, so the 280zx is going soon, I'm
not spending any more time on that worthless project that just keeps costing
me more and more. that's free up two spots in the driveway, and I can work
more easily on what I have. I'm also working on a deal with a friend of mine
to go in halves on a 2-axle two trailer, we both need one, and it'll be
mutually beneficial to us to share the costs. Then I can start bringing up
parts cars, stripping them down,and junking them afterwards and get them out
of my inventory! I gots too many of those, for sure. Anyway, just thought I'd
let the Gremlin Club know I've saved/acquired another one, this will join the
GT in the garage, once I get it cleaned out again! Hard for me to keep it
uncluttered. :) Well, y'all have a good weekend! Later,

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
King of the Gremlin owners in my area