License to Thrill

Hello all,

This is my first post. I used to own a 74 Gremlin that took me to a lot of places and I had a lot of good times with that car. Sold it to my roommate back in 82 when it was still in real good shape, he was supposed to pay me $700, but he quit making payments when he got to $300. Oh well. I'd like to get another one, but right now I have no place to park it, so I'll have to wait awhile.

Anyway, the reason for my post is my late night viewing habits. I was surfing the TV last night and came across an old James Bond flick, Man with the Golden Gun, which was released in 1974. Lo and behold, the patented James Bond car chase scene involved two AMC cars. The bad guys were in a Matador, which they eventually strapped some wings to and it became an airplane. James "borrowed" some sort of AMC compact that I did not recognize from the local AMC dealer and even jumped a canal in it. The car was not a Gremlin or a Hornet, so not sure which model it was. Anyways, it was great to see the AMCs take their place next to the expensive european cars normally featured in those chase scenes. I'm sure I saw the movie when it first came out, but did not truly appreciate the presence of the AMCs.

Gremlin on!

Dave

dave@xxxx