[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 73 AMC AMX 401 Mecum auction scam? NOT

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 73 AMC AMX 401 Mecum auction scam? NOT

I just got off phone with Lou, the seller of the car who assured me it was the real deal. I mentioned to him the original spoof ad on my site : "Please Post! Black 1973 401 amx {Dana Mecum} SCAM! I hope nobody here was  the buyer.I hope the word gets out. This restomod is a rebodied 6 cylinder  Javelin...nothing more.I hate to think of anyone paying $42 grand for a Fake
clone! Please everyone check your frame and vin #s....thanks Eddie, Louamx"
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0513-156568&entryRow=273&lottype&startRow=261

of which he was pissed about (and don't blame him) but have seen this happen many, MANY times thru years really no big deal. I told him that chances are good it was a former consignment lot, former broker place that posted that as they had his car for months trying to sell it to no avail, then see it go to auction house and sell, and mad they lost out on sale. But no, real car, was not a six, a super restoration on a V8 AMX.

Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx