[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Some newbie questions

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Some newbie questions

Bulltear makes v8 conversion mounts to be used with a 6 cyl front crossmember.  I have heard some bad things about their customer support but I have never dealt with them, so take that with a grain of salt.

You'll most likely need a custom or modified driveshaft depending on what you started with.  Its something you'll have to figure out once the engine/trans and rear end are bolted in.  also you may need a TF727 specific yoke. Though your stock one may work, I dont really know.

You'll need to modify your wiring harness slightly for starter and alternator (if i remember right), a radiator to work with v8, if you run headers certain ones dont fit well with the TF727, so you may want to do some reading on posts by BobinMN.   Overall it can be a bolt in deal.

I saw a step by step swap somewhere online once, I'll see if I can find it again.

Tim

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "schustercj"  wrote:

> I just bought a '74 Gremlin and I want to add a 401 / 727 to it. What do I need besides a v8 cross member? Do I need the v8 trans cross member? If I go with a Ford 9" rear end what do I do for the drive shaft? Are any of these parts available after market?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)