Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Daily driver AMCs: was/is For Sale: 1977 Grem

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Daily driver AMCs: was/is For Sale: 1977 Gremlin X , 17k miles

Like I said charmed. It is best to pull the postive cable first, as that prevents possible diode burning back feed and surge.

From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 11:15 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Daily driver AMCs: was/is For Sale: 1977 Gremlin X , 17k miles

Yup, alternator and regulator both fine, and direct neg to neg and pos to pos cables no big deal, have done it before and no issues....the altenator is a Motorola also. And still working fine. And earlier this week my 82 Eagle with bad rear end and u joint holding on by 3 bolts pulled a Ford SUV out of ditch at neighbor's house, she backed into ditch. Me and another neighbor crawled onto back bumper to force down drive wheel which was foot off ground, and got it to hit pavement but would not stick, just spin. So walked across street and reluctantly cranked up the old warhouse white 210K mile Eagle with Class 3 (not 2, but three) hitch and easily pulled out the 400+ pound SUV. so decided to reward the old Eagle by putting on new u joint.   But 74 Hornet I jumped the Chevy truck with this morning is doing fine, no damage to atl, v/reg, wiring, anything.
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/

Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:22 AM

Eddie; You live a charmed life. You jumped another vehicle with high resistant jumper cables on 3 tries and I bet you didn't pull the ground first. and your alternator/regulator survived?? tell me it wasn't motorola, Delco right?