[BaadAssGremlins] Re: amc titles & saving AMC intermediates

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: amc titles & saving AMC intermediates

Bruce Griffis wrote:
"I still wander over to your site and look at pics of the Hornet wagonand Concord wagon.
Can't believe they haven't been picked up yet. Notmuch love for wagons, but for me - I
like the American. Hornet andConcord wagons as well as the Classic, Matador and Ambassador
wagons. Heck, I like most all AMC wagons and a whole lot of AMC sedans."

I love AMC wagons, and yes, not much interest in them. Never has been, but that can be
said for many a AMC 'breat and butter' cars that kept AMC in business year after year.
These were the cars that filled the dealerships, the muscle cars were eye candy to get you
in dealerships. I could go on here and waste bandwidth (as am known to do!) but even AMC's
own marketing films encouraged dealers to 'sell from stock' by getting folks in the
dealership (or lot) and while their eye might have been on that red, white and blue Rebel
on the dance floor, try to sell them that big bad green Rebel on the lot:

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-SST-1970-AMC-Big-Bad-Green-Rebel-SST-Hardtop-like-Machine-51k-SURVIVOR-70-original-/360402304179?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item53e9a6bcb3Terry mentioned:"Not getting a title is crazy. I think I told you about the guy who used to work with usthat bought a 57 Chevy spent a bunch I think over 10 grand and who knows how many hoursrestoring it and when he got it done he decided he better get the title changed over tohis name. He found out it had a couple of thousand dollar lien on it. He said he went tothe loan company to pay it off but they wouldn't let him they said they would only dealwith the guy who they loan the money to. I can't remember what happen to the guy who soldhim the car he didn't give a damn was in jail or something like that. Anyway the loancompany sent a repro guy out to get the car. They took sealed bids on the car and hedidn't have the highest bid. He said he saw the manager of the loan company driving it acouple of months lat!
 er. He went to a lawyer over it and the lawyer said they could goafter the guy who sold him the car but only for the couple of thousand he paid for the car all the money and work he put into was just gone. Actually in Louisville now you can'teven take a car to the crusher now unless you have a junk title on it. A couple of yearsago a couple of guys were going around and stealing church vans and sold them for scrap. Ithink they got about a dozen of them. At that time scrap yards weren't required to get anyid are anything they just gave the guys the money for them and crushed them. You know Icould see them doing one or two but you would have thought after they drove a few of thevans in with the name of the church on the side they would have called someone.Terry"I saw this on craigslist in Alburquerque, NM:RE: 71 AMC Javelin - $1500 (Alb Area) Ripped me off!!! - $1500 (really in Bosque Farms)This guy ripped me off for $500 last year on these same cars. Do NOT trust him. He DOE!
 SNOT have titles for these Javelins! HE GAVE ME SOME SONG AND DANCE AB
OUT THE TITLES BEINGIN COLORADO. He took my money and would not come up with the titles, the cars or give memy money back!!!! DO NOT TRY TO BUY FROM HIM OR YOU WILL GET SCREWED!!! I knew this a-holewould post these again eventually. Not only that, the green one doesn't have a T-10, it'san automatic. Feel free to call me for the details. 505-250-5030Yikes!While Davis chimed in:"Too bad you guys live in tittle states. CT, Maine, and NH don't require tittleswhen a vehicle is 10 or more years old. In Ct you take a car you bought out ofstate with a bill of sale to the DMV for Vin verification. When I took my 67American in I had to show the guy where the vin was he said o ok, here ya go andsigned it for me."Alabama also requires no titles, bill of sale. My ultra low miler 71 Matador 2 door that Itried to sell for 11 years for $3500 and had 14,000 original miles was sold new atBirmingham, AL and I had all the original owner paperwork, some of it shown on my sitestill even thouh I s!
 old car for $2600 to guy in Marietta, GA 5 or so years ago.Eddie Stakes713.464.8825eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: