Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: gremmy windshield wanted

All this talk of windshields has made think of a question I have about caulking the inside of my drip rail above the door-will regular latex house and gutter caulk work or do I need something special? I have no idea what we used to use and I will want to paint it with auto paint.Thanks for any info Rick

--- On Wed, 8/24/11, Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: gremmy windshield wanted
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 2:23 PM

If you have some automotive glass companies there in your area try them first. If you were
here in Houston would send you to Affordable Auto Glass on Hillcroft at 59, brand new in
box $100 or if wanted installed at their place, $175. But if you have PPG, or Binswanger
or some places like that in your town or city, try them first, ask for a windshield for a
1980 thru 88 AMC Eagle and they will either order one easily or possibly have in stock.

I ordered one for my 74 Hornet Sportabout here months ago, they told me 'come in Friday'
which was 3 days from when ordered as 'they had to look for it' and yup, had in stock and
brand new Safelite with brown tint on top, be sure to get urethane tape also if doing it
yourself.

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx