[BaadAssGremlins] emissions controls

I have a 73 258 auto trans. It has a canister and an EGR value, fuel vapor return hose. Back in the day we would strip off all vaccum suckers except dizzy advance and pcv value. Some claimed fuel mileage increase. The gas tank vapor return hose would have a small filter put on it or you would have to use a vented cap. Plug all the vacumn ports on the carb and play with advancing the timing. Did it work??? yes I know it plays with the emissions and in some states illegal but did it work??

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)