[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Header Update

Header Update... I ordered and got 3 more sets of headers - Hooker super comp #7105, Hedman #98316, and a set of the Edelbrock shorties # 65813..... The Hookers are the same HORRIBLE quality that I got last year when I bought a set.. I would not put them on anything, they are TOTAL JUNK!  The Edelbrock Shorties just don't fit, period... The Hedmans are fine but not as good of quality as I would like... So, it is either the Dougs or the Hedmans,, but the Dougs are longer and run along side the transmission (automatic) too far in my opinion, and I'm concerned about the heat against the tranny case.. The Hedmans do have the ball and socket set up at the collectors,,, I do like that... My last thing that I'm going to try is mounting the Dougs, and try bending them outward/away from the tranny... If that works,, then I'm using the Dougs,,, if not,, I'm using the Hedmans... Hope this helps...
Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bob" <baddassgremlin@...> wrote:

> Ok Guys and Gals,, I installed the set of "Dougs" headers, #D103, into the Gremmy tonight, (I know I said I was going to do it this past weekend, but I forgot it was Easter, LOL ) WELL,, although I was very impressed with the quality of the product, I was not impressed with the Clearance issues... Once mounted,, they are only about a 1/4" away from the transmission (TF 727) as they run along side the tranny case/pan area,, and only about an inch away from the back up/reverse switch... And that is too close for comfort for me... Keep in mind that they will work,,, but I was not very happy with how close they are to the tranny on both sides, and there was plenty of room to design them with more clearance away from the tranny and the reverse/backup switch... As far as comments recieved about the Dougs headers part # D103 being for a Javelin/AMX application,, and that they will sit closer to the ground because of different height motor mounts,, I did not see any issues with that.. They did tuck up very nice.. Well anyway,, I'm not happy with the clearance issues by the Tranny ,,, and since I'm already into this restoration for over $25,000 so far,, I figured I better order up some more Headers... So,,, I ordered from Summit,, everything that they listed for a Gremlin (Hedman, Edelbrock shorty, and Hooker Super Comp), and I'll see what brand fits the best, and let everyone know what I find ... Side note: Although I had already ordered and got a set of Hooker Super Comp headers last year(and returned), ,, I thought I would try them again to see if maybe I just got a bad set last year....  I'll keep you all posted with what i find...Thanks, Bob in MN.
>

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bob" <baddassgremlin@> wrote:
> >
> > I ordered Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) for my 401 in the grem and when I got them, I was so disgusted with the quality, that I sent them back.. I ordered a set of Dougs Headers (ceramic coated #D103) last sunday night from summit, got them yesterday, Quality and design looks to be 100% great. I will be installing them this weekend, and let ya know how they fit. Caution: Those Headers on the E Bay ad are rectangle port, even though they list them for the 70's gremlin that should have dog leg ports.. Keep that in mind when you order any brand header, to make sure they are the port shape that you need.
> > Bob in MN.
> >
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, backThatThingUp YoYoYo <backthatthingupyoyoyo@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Has anyone used these headers?
> > >

> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Hooker-Headers-1972-76-Gremlin-Hornet-AMC-260-401-C-/280436652342?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item414b53b936
> > >

> > > I've heard that DOUG'S are the only ones to use.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)