[BaadAssGremlins] Re: engine swaps

If you decide to use any sort of boost do yourself a favor and convert to e85 if available. I have friends here making over 800 awhp on pump e85 out of a 4cyl and another is making 1035whp on a tt 03 cobra. Its cheap and has been proven to make more power than c16/vp import. Depending on the vehicle setup you will use roughly 23% more fuel, but it can be up to 30% more. My friends car is full weight (around 3500lbs with him in it, no safety gear other than a helmet, and on street tires he traps round 150. Even if your not looking to run massive amounts of boost it still allows you to have a huge margin of error in the tuning. Also an intercooler would be optional depending on how much boost you wanted to run. Plus tearing down an engine with no carbon in it really amazes me!
Hope this info helps!

Here is a link to his car if anyone is interested. He even made his own turbo manifold in his garage and fabbed up the whole kit himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB9-73hzHM8&feature=related

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom H <bigrigbear@...> wrote:

> With everyone looking at V8 swaps Im wondering about options for replacing the 4.2 in mine.
> Gas is 4.25 and I actually use my Gremlin so Im thinking a modern 4 or V8 would get better power and mileage plus reduce the wieght on the front improving ride and handling.
> Anyone seen or done something on those lines?  AMC sixes last forever but 16 mpg is pretty bad looking into the future.
> As to V8 swaps, how do SBC (small block chrysler!) fit?  I wouldnt mind for a toy having a 340-6pk under the hood!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)