Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Got the Gremlin out today

A four speed might help. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I have read that the 5 speed out of a Ford is not that big a deal to do. What I have read about the fuel injection it is not worth the effort to convert them. As for as gas prices they are a joke. I heard on the radio yesterday that gasoline consuption in the US was the lowest it has been since 2003.
Terry

From: Tom H <bigrigbear@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, April 9, 2011 10:07:58 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Got the Gremlin out today

I wish I could get "cheap" gas... 3.79 would cause a 2 mile line up here!
Paid 4.19 yesterday for regular!
Made me wonder if anyone has tried to upgrade their cars to another tranny and/or fuel injection.  I know they had a 4 speed auto from AW and the 4.0 Jeeps had fuel injection that might work.   If our good friends in the middle east keep at it we likely will be looking back fondly when gas was only 5.00 ( thank the futures traders or is it traitors?) so Im wondering if such mods would make sense for the semi-daily drivers among us as I cant get past 17 mpg in my 4.2/904.
Tom