[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Oh WHAT THE GD HELL?

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Oh WHAT THE GD HELL?

Years ago I donated a car to Aldine(?) might have been Aleif high school where they take a
vehicle and their automotive class strips it, paints and details it to learn different
methods of bodywork and chemicals, bondo, fiberglass, ect. The cars do not end up as
showcars either, more of patchwork chariots, but end result is that all those in class
learned a profession. I know one car a guy donated a little black 68 Javelin, 232, AT WAS
indeed 'restored' and then went on to local shows like Autorama, good job by all those
kids who participated in that project, they nailed the black perfect, better than AMC
paint job. Not sure what happened to the car, last I know it was out in Katy west of me in
1992.

This one Javelin looks to be a cosmetic experiment whereas someone was testing out their
painting skills perhaps. The reason I mention that is not because the engine bay, but look
closely, while someone did take time to remove the fender amber lenses for paint job, they
didn't bother to remove fender "J" trim, windshield trim, hood trim, rrear glass trim (is
chipping away), 1/4 panel "J" trims and trunk horizontal trim, even antenna & trunk lock
got painted over, it would have taken minutes to remove those, so probably someone testing
their new paint gun & air compressor possibly.

Reminds me of Dick Teague customizing his own AMX generation ago:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/68_amx_teague.jpg

different "end result" though!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825