Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Oh WHAT THE GD HELL?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Oh WHAT THE GD HELL?

I tell folks daily that anything done can always be undone. All those flairs easily pop off, although I like the picnic table spoiler on back only because it begs for fajitas, pico de gallo, tortillas, ribs, potato salad, just looks like it needs big batch of food set on it at park. Yummy. Then you can take it down after everyone eats.

For what it is worth if anything, in 1969-70 when 'big bad' colors came out (Jan 69, but introed earlier Dec 68 at auto shows) it was either love em or hate em, no in between. Sort of like a 59 Cadillac, love it or hate it. Many people didn't care for the big bad colors which was reflected in how the cars painted with those colors sold.

It was a really different era then...shrooms, weed, free sex, drugs, phychedelic trips, I could go on here.....hippies....even when Rebel Machine introduced VP of Marketing R W. McNealy downplayed the 'Rebel Machine' hippie image with " do your own thing' and 'being different from the crowd today does not necessarily mena being against something, but rather in reinforcing certain specific ideas'
trying to distance the Rebel's image away from the hippie logo mascot I guess.

Somewhere buired on my site is stories about how the dealership my dad worked at could nto sell big bad colored 70 AMXs...they were cop attractors in a area you didn't want to get pulled over with target on your head simply because of what you driving. So they repainted them and moved them.

A car like this in certain Texas counties would get you pulled over at every stoplight, or in some piney woods area, you would get cornholed. Yuh suuurreee hav a purdeeee mouth thar boy....
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com