[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Car show and another Gremlin

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Car show and another Gremlin

Gentlemen. I'd like to tie the original mint Gremlin and the old crappy big bad orange Gremlin topics together. Why? Because I speak with some authority as I have one of each of the above mentioned. In 1973 after graduating from college I bought myself a 1973 Maxi Blue Gremlin X for $2600.00. 37 years later I STILL OWN that very car and I just can't part with it. It is MY PARTS CAR, sitting rather rusty but still very near and dear to me in my garage on 4 flat tires. It has given up now to one of my other 3 73's a fuel pump, alternator, dash guages, am/fm radio, wheels and D70 tires, valve cover, space saver spare, jack, inflation cannister and so on. It sits and continues to give when asked but the memories will always be there of my brand new kick-ass 73 Gremlin X when it was brand new (I even put an 8 track in the glove box).

   On the other end I am fanatical about keeping my other cars original. I do admire you all who have swapped out for big engines and powerful machines but to me a 258 6 cylinder is a thing of beauty. I have bought all 3 of my other 73 X's (see a pattern here?) on ebay and had them shipped to me here in Michigan and I knew exactly what I wanted as I only look at 73 6 cylinder 258 engines. MY BAD!! One of my cars is so original it still has the 1974 Greenville (North Carolina) High School parking sticker on the rear bumper. I can never get it rechromed and wipe out that piece of originality!!
   I work hard for original and enjoy it in my cars but if Big Bad Orange gets $4K for his piece of history, then my original 73 (sans afew key parts here and there) should go for at least $3K just because it is a 1 owner car and has been garaged for the last 20 years (granted it hasn't budged all the while but at least it hasn't seen Michigan winters for that time!!!) . You can see my rides in the photo section under gremlin_corvette_guys grems. My compliments to all who look at Gremlins in awe!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry Atkins <twa1950@...> wrote:

> Today I went to the big two day car show in the park today. 1400 car is quite a
> site. Well for the second time in the 14 years of going to shows there was
> another Gremlin there. I spotted it and of course I immediately went to it to
> start up a conversation. The car was as near perfect as I had ever seen. The
> paint was perfect, the interior was perfect and even all the chrome looked like
> it just came off the showroom. It was a plain 74 Gremlin with a 258 3 speed on
> the floor. It had around 50,000 miles on it. The only thing that I didn't like
> was it had after market rims on it. If you were going to keep the car perfectly
> stock I think I would have put the Gremlin custom wheels on it but that is just
> my opinion. I was getting ready to compliment him on how well he restored the
> car when he told me it was all original. Nothing had ever been done to the car.
> Now I know I was envious of the car but I just found it hard to believe. I mean
> it had 50,000 miles on it and it looked like it had never been left out in the
> sun, never parked in a parking lot and never seen rain. Are there really
> Gremlins out there like that.
> Terry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional