Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Car show and another Gremlin

Took a real good look at the Gremlin today at the show and talked to the guy. It might be real. It was bought at an estate auction in Texas two or three years ago. The lady who owned it was suppose to be 90 or something and kept in a garage on the time. I saw a few flaws in it today but it still looked nice. Even though he said he was building another one with a 401 in it he didn't act like he knew much about AMC's He said he had a friend who went to the nationals and  was the one that helped him out. So I guess there are  still a few original mint Gremlins out there.
Terry

From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, September 25, 2010 8:37:38 PM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Car show and another Gremlin

Today I went to the big two day car show in the park today. 1400 car is quite a site. Well for the second time in the 14 years of going to shows there was another Gremlin there. I spotted it and of course I immediately went to it to start up a conversation. The car was as near perfect as I had ever seen. The paint was perfect, the interior was perfect and even all the chrome looked like it just came off the showroom. It was a plain 74 Gremlin with a 258 3 speed on the floor. It had around 50,000 miles on it. The only thing that I didn't like was it had after market rims on it. If you were going to keep the car perfectly stock I think I would have put the Gremlin custom wheels on it but that is just my opinion. I was getting ready to compliment him on how well he restored the car when he told me it was all original. Nothing had ever been done to the car. Now I know I was envious of the car but I just found it hard to believe. I mean it had 50,000 miles on it and it looked like it had never been left out in the sun, never parked in a parking lot and never seen rain. Are there really Gremlins out there like that.

Terry