Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Springs.........

Have you tried leaf springs for a Hornet Sportabout?

--- On Thu, 8/26/10, Kenosha360 <wpvmddds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kenosha360 <wpvmddds@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Springs.........
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 10:57 AM

Greetings to all BAG members who showed up at the AMO meet here in Livonia!
Excellent turnout, although a bit heavy in the AMX division.. Had hoped to have my Hornet there but the *#!~@**%ing body/frame shop in Rochester Hills STILL has it (over a month past the expected completion date...)
ANYWAY, I am looking to raise the rear end a couple of inches and have been informed that the "best" way to do so is to either find some stiffer rear coil springs or to have a "leaf spring shop" "add an additional leaf" to my leaf springs. Well, since I have not seen any "leaf spring shops" does anyone have any suggestions for a source for stiffer coil springs that would/should fit a 77 Hornet rear end? Thought about coil-overs until I priced them, Yikes!!!

Warren in Detroit